Health and Safety Officer
- Develop safety procedures and protocols
- Monitor frequency and respond to incident reports, including needle sticks
- Communicate with patients, interns, and faculty as needed
- Monitor faculty, staff and students compliance to safety procedures and protocols
- Monitor OSHA regulations (Medical and Safety issues) and compliance
- Monitor HIPAA (patient privacy) regulations and compliance issues
- Coordinate with academic dean and faculty
Manage required training and develop appropriate video materials:
- Content: needle safety, blood borne pathogens, personal protective equipment, NESA exposure plan, Hazard Communications, MSDS info, Incident Reports - why & how, eyewash station, burn management, fire safety and evacuation plans
Update NESA Safety Manual annually
- All students every year, ie. 1st year class during Orientation, 2nd year class at the beginning of the year, then entering interns
- All staff 1x/year, all faculty 1x/year
- New staff & faculty as needed
- All faculty, students and staff 1x/year
Emergency Action Plan
- All students, staff, faculty x1/year
- Safety Training
Reports To: Academic Dean
Summary: Develops and maintains clinical safety procedures and protocols, and provides safety training to faculty, students and staff. This is a part-time, hourly position.
Qualifications: Subject expertise, teaching experience.
Applicants should submit a current curriculum vitae (CV) and letter describing qualification and ability to assume responsibilities of this position to Jane Jaxon via email.