NESA invites all applicants who are considering careers in acupuncture and Oriental medicine to become as informed as possible about the profession and the individuals who have chosen to practice this healing art.
The education of NESA students as healers is central to the school and each student has a considerable effect on the life and learning of the academic acupuncture and Oriental medicine community as a whole. NESA looks for students who are motivated, mature, open-minded, and who express sensitivity and compassion with respect toward others.
To apply for Admissions to NESA submit the following:
- A completed Application for Admission form
- Non-refundable Application fee ( $100; $150 for transfer students)
- Two passport size photos of yourself
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with applicant’s maturity, and integrity. They can be either professional or academic recommendations. This person CANNOT be a relative.
- Statement of Purpose: Describe your goals, strengths and potential for becoming a successful acupuncturist or Oriental medicine practitioner. Please state what makes you a viable candidate for acceptance in this program. Describe your vision for the profession and state clearly what has led you to consider a career in healthcare in general and specifically in this field. Your statement should be 2-4 pages, typed, double-spaced on 8.5"x11" paper and no less than 500 words.
- Resume: A recent resume, or CV, must accompany your application. Please include your current and previous work experience; honors, awards, and fellowships earned as a professional, volunteer or student; personal interests or training.
- Official Transcripts: Request OFFICIAL transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended, including all coursework you have attempted or completed. Official transcripts MUST be sent directly to NESA from the registrar of each institution.
Transfer Applicants: Please submit your application and non refundable fee of $150 at least 3 months prior to planned term of enrollment. Course catalogs and syllabi for ALL coursework completed at previous school(s) of acupuncture and Oriental medicine are required.
Listed below are links to forms to complete the application process.
Contact Admissions for further information or to request a viewbook.